The Sleep Disorders Institute (SDI) was originally established at the St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center, together with the Beth Israel Medical Center. Since its inception, the Institute has gone on to affiliate with many of New York’s finest hospitals. SDI's commitment to patient care, medical education, and research provides referring physicians with an unparalleled resource for patients suffering from sleep disorders.
SDI specializes in the evaluation and treatment of adults and children with disorders of sleep and wakefulness, including sleep apnea, snoring, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, narcolepsy, and other conditions. While we practice in accordance with the traditions of a conservative, multidisciplinary group that strives to exceed the standards of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, we continually upgrade our services by offering new and effective methods of care. For example, adults may benefit by attending one of SDI’s newly-formed support groups. Children may benefit from the pediatric program, which offers services for younger patients, delivered by a pediatric specialist. This program typically works to coordinate patient care with pediatricians, parents, and school personnel.
SDI, identified as a “Center of Excellence” by New York Magazine’s issue featuring the best hospitals in New York, is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and is staffed by board-certified specialists who are recognized as experts in their field, offering the highest quality of care available today.
- Large patient reception and lounge areas
- State-of-the-art physiological recording equipment
- Comfortably furnished and carpeted consulting offices
- Modern, clean examination rooms
- 20 patient rooms used for overnight sleep studies
- Bathroom facilities with showers for patient use
- Most insurance and Medicare accepted
- Prompt, courteous service with no wait for appointments
- Premium bedding by Select Comfort
- Doorman and security services on-site
- Complimentary bath and shower amenities
- Easy access to public transportation
- Open 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, except holidays
- Providers of the latest and most effective treatments for sleep disorders
- Home Sleep Testing
- CPAP Equipment
- Weight Loss